The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is seeking a Senior Programme Management Officer, P5, for the CTCN Partnership and Liaison Office located in Incheon City, Republic of Korea.
The application deadline is 21 September 2022.
The overall goal of this position is to increase engagement between the CTCN and the Green Climate Fund Secretariat (headquartered in the Republic of Korea), addressing the transformational changes envisioned in the Paris Agreement and the long-term vision on technology development and transfer. Under the direct supervision of the CTCN Director and overall supervision of the UNEP Chief, Energy and Climate Branch, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Engage with the Green Climate Fund (GCF) secretariat and its accredited entities to build partnerships that will help to scale the work of the CTCN across countries and regions. Key will be the partnerships with the MDBs, national development banks, commercial banks, insurance entities, funds, and other private finance entities that would enable CTCN to scale its work to take what CTCN has been delivering to date to scale.
- Coordinate climate technology transfer policy development; reviews the assessments of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or research activities and studies on transformative climate technologies.
- Establish strategic partnerships; manages outreach activities; designs and conducts training workshops, seminars; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Take the lead to develop, implement and evaluate the CTCN work programme of the partnership and liaison office; directs subordinates in programme development, implementation, monitoring and assessment; directs review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
- Supervise preparation of various written outputs (background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications); directs research and programme evaluation and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Supervise activities related to budget and funding (programme /project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and ensures preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
- Serve as an effective spokesperson and establishes collaboration and partnerships with key officials at all levels inside and outside the organization and ensures effective utilization, supervision and development of staff; guides, evaluates and mentors staff; leads field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries.