The Energy Access work stream of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership invites Young Leaders in Africa and Europe to apply for the Young Leaders in Energy Access Award, 21-23 March, Lisbon, Portugal.
Who should apply
• You are between 21 - 35 years old
• You have a European or African nationality
• You are an advocate for energy access in your community or at your institution, who works to bring sustainable energy access to communities in Africa
Up to five Young Leaders in the field of energy access will be invited to the ARE Energy Access Investment Forum held on March 22-23 in Lisbon, Portugal with all expenses covered. The Young Leaders will get the opportunity to share their ideas and recommendations to improve energy access in Africa with a wide group of energy experts and high-level stakeholders, including the European Commission, the African Union Commission, the UN and the World Bank. The Young Leaders will also have the chance to broaden their knowledge of business opportunities for clean energy access and will receive a trophy acknowledging their contribution to bring sustainable energy access to Africa.
To apply, please submit the following:
• A short essay (max. 400 words) on what makes you a young leader on energy access in Africa, why you are passionate about clean energy access and what you have done to contribute to SDG7.
• Examples or evidence of your work that best demonstrates your passion to bring clean energy access to African communities, particularly through productive use, (links to projects, articles, photos, blogs, videos, etc.) and to attend the ARE Energy Access Investment Forum in Lisbon.
• What you would like to tell the leaders of today about energy access: please provide us with one recommendation (max. 100 words) that you would pass on to the leaders of the energy sector to address the main barriers and improve energy access in Africa.
• Your CV with references
*Please note, that applications will be accepted in French also, the Forum and award ceremony will be conducted in English. Therefore, a working-level of English is required to participate. Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 21 February 2017
The Young Energy Access Leaders Awards will happen in conjunction with the ARE Awards. For questions please write to email@example.com.
More detailed information on the ARE Energy Access Forum.