XacBank, an Accredited Entity of the Green Climate Fund (GCF), seeks to finance the development of scalable mini-grid/off-grid systems that generate and manage energy flows between clusters of adjacent households in Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar’s ger areas. The systems will be capable of serving multiple end uses (heating, waste processing and/or removal) under an affordable business model to alleviate utility inadequacies and pollution challenges.
- Type:NewsPublication date:Objective:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute (KERI] is a public sector, research and academic institution specialized in electrical engineering and established in 1976 with the mission to play a central role in the advancement of scientific technology and industrial development in Korea by leading R&Ds and testing in the electric power, electricity and electric utility fields.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Artelys is an independent company specialised in optimization, decision support and modeling. The company supports an effective planning and implementation of the energy transition using state-of-art quantitative techniques including cost-benefit assessment, impact assessment, scenario building and development of a city-level energy/climate master plan.
Please refer to the following link https://www.artelys.com/reports/ for Aterlys reports and publications.
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - Wednesday, April 19, 2017 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
Green minigrids are an increasingly popular option to bring electricity to remote communities. However, many past minigrids projects failed to achieve financial viability. They either stopped functioning, or require continuous injection of subsidies to maintain their operations.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:KenyaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
EED Advisory Limited is an interdisciplinary consultancy firm with service offerings in the energy and environment space delivered through four practice lines: (i) sustainable energy, (ii) climate change, (iii) natural resource management and (iv) commercial project development. EED Advisory Limited operates through staff located in Nairobi and partners across the globe.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy (BASE) is a Swiss Foundation and Specialised Partner of United Nations Environment. BASE develops innovative ideas and tailored market-driven solutions to drive investment in sustainable energy and to meet the challenge of climate change.
BASE has implemented projects incorporating locally appropriate climate technologies in North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) is an entity that supports the UNEP’s International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC), based in Japan. GEC is dedicated to the transfer of environmentally sound technologies, in both developing countries and countries with economies in transition. The foundation aims to contribute to Japan’s international efforts on the environment, sharing project collaborations as well as promoting Japan’s rich conservation knowledge and experience in developing nations.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Taru Leading Edge is one of South Asia’s most experienced disaster management agencies, having undertaken multiple assessment, appraisal, design, implementation and monitoring assignments across the risk and vulnerability, urban and rural development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Factor is an international organization specialized in providing global, innovative and sustainable solutions in areas such as climate change, carbon markets, energy, green growth and sustainability. Established in March 2004, Factor is already present in 6 countries and 4 continents with 7 offices providing solutions to over 380 clients in 30 countries, having developed more than 1100 projects.
Factor is globally recognized:
- For being a referent in climate change related areas and climate resilient development;