Association of Family Forest Owners Nepal (AFFON), is a civil society organization, its main objective to ensure the involvement of family forest farmers to accelerate the nature based solutions to sustainably manage forest and land resources for food security, livelihoods of people and environment.
Agriculture and Forestry
Agriculture and Forestry
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NepalRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CTCN in Benin: Agro-meteorological information system to strengthen climate resilience of agriculture producersType:NewsPublication date:Objective:Sectors:
The agriculture sector is the mainstay of Benin’s economy, providing livelihoods for almost 60% of the working population. However, droughts and floods are increasing in frequency and severity, thus harming agricultural production in Benin. Farmers have little access to basic climate forecasting information, which impedes their ability to adapt their agricultural planning and practices accordingly.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) provides green financing targeted at small and medium-sized projects with tangible, positive environmental impacts in the Nordic region – and in particular the Baltic Sea. Through its extensive fund management, activities in the Arctic and Barents regions have been added and NEFCO has developed into a financial institution supporting Green Growth and the Climate globally.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Korea Research Institute of Chemical technology (KRICT) is a research and Development, Public Sector institute established in 1976. It focuses on the development of world-class key technologies to contribute to the national economy and to bring happiness for nation people.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BangladeshRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
CCDB has been working to create a society where the poor, marginalized and vulnerable people can claim and enjoy human rights and justice for a sustainable livelihood with dignity since 1973. To meet the challenges of dynamic environments and development, CCDB has been implementing different programs including dedicated projects on climate change
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
ESSA is an international environmental consulting firm with over 37 years of experience in resolving complex natural resource and environmental management problems.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Wildlife Conservation Society is a global non-profit organization with over 120 years of experience in biodiversity conservation. WCS team have expertise on technology solutions like climate scenarios projection for biodiversity adaptation,mitigate emissions of forest carbon, guide climate-smart development planning, and develop solutions that create social and economic resilience to climate change.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
GRID-Arendal is a Norwegian foundation that supports the United Nations Environment Programme. It is a centre of excellence for the scientific analysis of environmental issues in many areas including environmental assessments, ocean issues and polar regions.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
ecoation is an award-winning grower-centric platform that combines Human knowledge and experience with Machine precision and automation to increase operational visibility, assist growers, and enhance their decisions. Commercially available since September 2019, ecoation products can be found in greenhouses across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and many European countries.