The Network of Africa Women Environmentalists (NAWE) is launching a new initiative called the Earth Science Cafes as an online conference event on the 50th Anniversary Earth Day, April 22nd 2020. Each café event will be theme based with an overall objective of “Connecting Science to Society” based on recognised and respected scientific reports, evidence and background data.
This interactive webinar will feature the dynamic women who have contributed to the vision behind the Earth Science Cafes.
TIME: 12:00 GMT - 13:00 UK - 15:00 Kenya.
- Ms. Inger Andersen: Executive Director for UNEP – official opening and launch of the Earth Science Café as NAWE is hosted by the agency (Via Video Link).
Panel Discussants – NAWE Leads within UN Agencies:
- Dr. Juliette Biao: Head of Africa Office, UN Environment. Kenya
- Ms. Ahunna Eziakonwa: Assistant Secretary General and Director, Regional Bureau for Africa (RBA), UNDP
- Ms. Roberta Clarke: Senior Advisor/Officer in Charge of the UN Women East and Southern Africa Regional Office
NAWE Coordinator and Focal Points within Partner Organizations:
- Dr. Musonda Mumba: Chief of Terrestrial Ecosystems Unit (TEU) at UN Environment (UNEP) and Coordinator for the Network of African Women Environmentalists (NAWE)
- Dr. Rose Mwebaza: Director, the Climate Technology Center and Network (CTCN), Member of NAWE
- Ms. Thandie Mwape-Villadsen: Humanitarian Diplomacy Coordinator at Netherlands Red Cross, Partners for Resilience Programme (PfR), Member of NAWE
Event Facilitator - Dr. Sheila Ochugboju, Africa Knows
Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7385200107833309968
Recording of the event will be circulated after the event and posted online.